community & environment
Radiation Protection Technician I
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation
Palo Verde Nuclear Station
5/6/2013 8:31:01 AM
Provides operational and analytical support to the Radiation Protection Department by performing routine surveillance, maintaining safe radiological work practices, understanding and implementing procedural and regulatory requirements.
High school diploma or GED; 6 months applicable nuclear experience. Requires knowledge of general radiological fundamentals, mathematics (including algebra and trigonometry), and basic physics. Requires oral and written communication skills, and the ability to follow written procedures. Appropriate training as necessary to perform any assigned hazardous waste management duties. RP-Tech test administered. Nuclear requirement:
Any PVNGS employee may be called upon to serve as a member of the Emergency Response Organization (ERO) and will be expected to fulfill their obligation as an ERO member. This is a condition of employment at PVNGS. Roles and Responsibilities defined in Policy 1503 and implementing policy guide are applicable to all PVNGS employees. Any PVNGS employee may be called upon to support a refueling or short-notice outage. This includes line roles and resonsibilities as necessary to execute outage activities.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy¿s Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120 ) (collectively, U.S. Export Control Laws). Therefore, this position requires applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants for this position will be required to confirm their U.S. person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors.
1. Implement PVNGS procedures, Technical Specifications, and Federal and State regulations.
2. Assist in providing radiological control for personnel working within the Radiological Controlled Areas.
3. Assist, as assigned, by performing surveys, evaluating radiological conditions, and completing the necessary posting requirements to establish radiological controls.
4. Support the Radiation Protection Program on an ongoing basis by maintaining log books and other official documents, maintain inventory and control of radioactive material.
5. Participate in training programs as assigned.
6. Perform identification, collection and handling of mixed waste in the mixed waste storage unit, as assigned.
Palo Verde Nuclear Station, AZ
Palo Verde Nuclear Station, Arizona
View all Jobs
View all Locations